June 23, 2011

Margarita Cake

Another food post in the same day? Yes...and it is your lucky day because this cake is probably the best thing I have ever made.

Margarita Cake:
1 box white cake mix
3 egg whites
1 10-oz frozen margarita mix (non alcoholic. I got the Bacardi brand)
2 T. oil
1 T. lime juice (I just squeezed all the juice out of half of a lime)

Mix all, bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes

Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 T. lime juice (again, I just squeezed all the juice out of the other half of the lime
4 cups powdered sugar (next time I will only use 3 though!)

Leave your cream cheese and butter out on the counter for a couple hours to soften. Then blend the cream cheese and butter together with a mixer. Then add your lime juice and lastly add the powdered sugar slowly.

I will probably be serving this cake in the form of cupcakes at Parker's birthday party. Delicious!

1 comment: