August 4, 2010

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

As the title suggests, I am super ready for things to be back to normal. I need some sort of schedule. We only had two months off from school, but I am anxious for Lily to return and start Kindergarten. She does so much better with a regimented day-school, snack, quiet time, ball practice/game, etc. I know she's going to excel in Kindergarten, and she has started to get bored this summer. Plus, due to Parker's arrival, she has been watching way too much TV. She starts ball right after Labor Day, which will be great also. We'll get in a better habit of getting up at a certain time in the morning and going to bed at a certain time at night. I feel like we read more during these times because it's never too late for a bedtime story, or she hasn't fallen asleep watching a movie. I plan to have her be IN bed at 9 pm, with a story, potty trip, and prayers finished by 9 20. She'll have to get up around 630-7 for school, depending on whether or not she rides the bus. That will be a HUGE adjustment for her!! As a bonus, I think Lily's scheduling will help Parker become more scheduled. I've been trying for a week to get him on a feeding schedule, in hopes of getting a more scheduled sleep pattern, but I keep failing and having to start over.

Monday will mark six weeks since I had Parker. And that means-yes, you've guessed it, time to start exercizing. I totally ate whatever the heck I wanted while preggo, and I've been trying to eat more healthy since I had the baby. However, Monday is the day. Perhaps, if I put it in writing, I will be more proactive. I have my sneakers and workout clothes ready, and I'm planning on working out 5 days a week to start off with. I'm so out of shape, it's not even funny. Tomorrow I find out how much I weigh, and I'll probably throw up. But-it did take me nine months to gain all this flab, and I know it's going to take more than just breastfeeding and only eating one brownie instead of three to lose the extra baggage. Please wish me luck!!

Other than that, we're really just laying low. We're so ready for fall. I'm ready for cool weather and pumpkins and cheating on my diet at Thanksgiving! Whoops...did I say that outloud?

And of course, some pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment