August 6, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten and One Month Doctor's Appointment

Today was a big day for the Mahaffey children!

Lily woke up bright and early to start her first day of Kindergarten. She was super fashionable and picked out her own clothes. She looked very grown up. She quickly got herself ready and even fixed her own breakfast. We packed her lunch, and I drove her to her new school. She wanted to ride the bus, but I made her give me this one mommy moment! Once we got to her room, she didn't even tell me goodbye! She was too excited. Mommy cried most of the way home! And so did Parker, but that's pretty typical.

She rode the bus home, and she didn't say too much about school. She said she ate lunch with "the blue dress girl," so hopefully she is making friends. Her teacher seems super sweet and very smart. I think Lily's going to have a great year!





After we dropped off Lily, we had to hurry and get Baby P ready for his doctor's appointment. I went in anticipating shots, but luckily, none this time. Three next month...yikes.

So drumroll please...Parker is 10 lbs., 11 oz., putting him in the 95% for weight! Can you believe it? Mommy milk certainly has made Parker a happy and hefty little baby! He was 22 inches long, which put him in the 69% for height. The doctor said he was doing great! I'm just glad he's growing and is so healthy, especially after his jaundice scare when he was first born.

Since we got home, this is what he has been doing the rest of today...so it's going to be a long night I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment