July 5, 2011

Fried Rice

I made this last week. I forgot to post, but it's easy, and yummier than my local Chinese place.



Ingredients:
1 medium onion
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
4 cups cold cooked rice
Soy sauce-about 3 tablespoons, but I added more when I ate it
Whatever veggies you want-I used snow peas, or you could add chicken if you wanted to

(This made a lot, more than we could eat for dinner. But it was yummy the next day for lunch too!)

Wash and chop onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.

Heat frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.

Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the rice. Stir in the soy sauce. Sautee or steam whatever veggies as well (I steamed some snow peas in the microwave, shhh! And I sauteed the onion)

When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled eggs and sauteed veggies back into the pan. Mix thoroughly.

Voila!
I served with egg rolls (not homemade though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment