January 24, 2011

Monday=Operation Back to the Gym

I have a confession. I haven't worked out in three weeks. Of course I have my excuses-I had a cold three weeks ago, then we had an ice/snow storm two weeks ago, and last week, well, I was just lazy. So three weeks have passed, and now I am sitting here gearing up for the gym. I was doing so good-5 days a week! I weighed less than when I got pregnant by about 7 pounds. I felt awesome. I was even eating healthy at first.

But man did I fall off the wagon. I got the "I can eat whatever I want since I'm nursing" mentality. And boy did I. That's what boredom during a snow week will do to you. Thanks to nursing, I haven't gained any weight back, but I wasn't where I wanted to be anyways, so it's time get with the program. I still want to lose 5-10 more pounds, or, more importantly, look and feel amazing. Of course, the tummy still needs a good bit of work.

Nursing makes me insanely, ravenously hungry. So, I eat A TON. I just need to make sure it's healthy. So I'm eating Quaker Oatmeal with Fiber right now. Starting off on the right foot. Shane and I just went and did a huge grocery shopping yesterday, and we didn't buy any junk. There is plenty of stuff with protein and fiber, and there is a ton of water!

I'm looking forward to embracing my not so old ways, and gearing up for bathing suit season. I have about five months to look great in my bikini. And I will wear it-I just bought it right before I got preggo, so it's still new to me, and I'll be darned if I'm not confident enough to wear it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment