May 16, 2012

26 weeks!

98 days or less til we meet Little Mahaffey #3.

I am still feeling really great. I have had a decent amount of energy, and I have nested some. Mostly, I have been deep cleaning our entire home and my van due to our recent bout with scabies. We noticed bumps and bites on all four of us on Mother's Day, and our pedi is suggesting it is scabies. Don't let the Google images scare you, ours is not nearly as severe. Lily has it the worst. The pedi thinks she picked it up from another kid at school or church. Parker is second worse, and then Shane, and then me. We have all washed in the medicated body wash, and I have washed so many sheets and blankets and vacuumed so many rugs, pillows, carpet, and mattresses that I can't even believe it. Let's hope they are gone!!

So, anyways, I haven't gained much weight since my appointment three weeks ago, so if I can hold off one more week, my midwife hopefully will not fuss. But how can you fuss at a pregnant lady taking her glucose test, right? That fun comes next Friday. Luckily, Parker will be at his babysitters, and I plan to hit Starbucks or somewhere equally delicious after my appointment.

Everything is going well. I still haven't done much baby preparing, but I do have some time. Once we get back from our beach trip, I will slowly pull out and clean and prepare all our baby equipment. I still need to purchase a pack and play. And I'm waiting on 12 more newborn diapers...which I believe are about to be shipped.

How far along? 26 weeks
Maternity clothes? I need longer maternity shirts... and a great dress for an engagement party
Stretch marks? No new ones yet
Sleep: Pretty great.
Best moment this week: Less than 100 days to go!
Miss Anything? Moving with ease. I always feel so sluggish with this extra weight
Movement: Lots of little kicks and jabs, especially at night
Food cravings: Avoiding fried food, craving fresh veggies and salad.. but then eating way too much dessert almost nightly. GUILTY.
Food aversions: Lots of meat, but I did eat a chicken burrito today. Anything greasy and fried sounds gross.
Gender: Unknown for 13 more weeks
Labor Signs: n/a
Symptoms: My headaches have pretty much gone away, but I occasionally get a sharp pain on my left side. And I still think I am stretching and growing every now and then because I'll cramp.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On and off... depends on how hot I am
Looking forward to: My third trimester, and my beach trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment