May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My Mother's Day gets better every year. I'll never forget the year I was pregnant with Lily, and Shane got me a beautiful cross necklace. Since then, I've been treated like a queen on Mother's Day. This is my first Mother's Day with two kiddos too!

Oh and of course, I have to wish my own wonderful Mama a Happy Mother's Day too!! Love you Mom.

Our day: Parker gave me perhaps the best gift of all-sleeping from 9pm-730am, waking to nurse, and going back to sleep until 9. Perfection. Shane gave me a pedicure (well, a pedicure at a nail salon, not by him!), and Lily gave me the sweetest card, a bag of Reeses, a cake from Publix (good grief! Mom will need some help with all this food) and a great flower and flower pot.

We got ready for church and went by Dunkin Donuts, where we feasted on Munchkins. Church was great today-it was all about Moms! They gave all the moms a rose, and they also had the Baby Dedication today, where my sweet friend's insanely adorable baby girl got dedicated.

After church, we came home and actually rested most of the day. It.was.amazing. We never get to do that. And we finished up the day by loading up on carbs at Olive Garden.

Here are the pictures from my mother's day...the two outtakes are first. :) Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!




"Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:2

No comments:

Post a Comment