February 9, 2011

Home Improvement

You know how when you move into your first home, you have plan? Like, a five year plan? Well, we did. We purchased our first home when our daughter was one year old. It was our starter home, and we were so proud. We were 20 years old! We figured we would be here for about five years. Little did we know!

We really do like our house. The yard needs some work, but we've put a lot into that too. We cut down lots of trees and put up a privacy fence. ...What sucks is our neighbors. A lot of them really don't care about the upkeep of their homes or properties. It's discouraging to say the least, but thus, our privacy fence went up.

We won't be moving any time soon, obviously. So we have started some serious home improvements. We're a one income family, so it will be a slow project, but I couldn't be more excited! I know this may be a boring post, but I want to document a lot of the before and after as well as what we have already done for future reference. Thus, a tour of our home...

Kitchen: We haven't done hardly anything to the kitchen. We purchased a simple black fridge, we changed the all the light fixtures, and we replaced the back door. The green was there when we moved in, and we like it. I'd love to paint the cabinets one day. Plus, our kitchen holds my favorite piece of furniture-the green armoire.

Living room: We just had our living room painted. We went from a gaudy gold to a neutral beige. I love it. I wanted lots of splashes of red-thus new throw pillows, curtains, and a new red lampshade. I love the mirror over my mantel and my fancy clock.

Here is the before: (moved everything for painting)

After:


Hall bathroom: We painted over the ugly brown, we put in a new toilet, a new faucet, and a new light fixture. I love brown and blue! I'm a little obsessed. I don't have any before pictures. I hope to get a new vanity for in here too.

Lily's bedroom: Lily has a cute room, but I don't love the border, and I'm not the hugest purple fan. But here is her room with all of her stuff (I swear, she loves knick knacks to the extreme!) It's a little cluttered for my taste, but I do try my hardest to let her express herself. We haven't done a thing in here yet, but she is happy for now.



Parker's room: Parker's room was painted red, white, and blue with stars like a flag when we moved in. We painted it far more neutral, and changed it from the guest room to the nursery when he was born. Please note his coon skin cap from Bass Pro Shop, he he he.



Our room: It was painted this blue when we moved in. We changed the fan, but that's about it.


The next big project: Our bathroom. The shower, toilet, vanity, sink, and of course linoleum floor is going! I can't wait to beat the linoleum Office Space style in my backyard. Farwell! So here is a before picture:

So there you have it. Lots to do, but lots of change coming in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with all the projects! Justin and I did a lot to our home in Texas and it made me so sad when we moved - but at least someone loved it as much as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I would rather move for sure! But what can you do??

    ReplyDelete