January 21, 2010

Blog-Day One

I just checked my old blog, and I realized the last time I blogged was in 2006. I read a couple of old entries, and I was pretty embarrassed at how immature I sounded. I guess life was pretty different back then, albeit, it was only three years ago.

Nowadays, I think I'm a much better mother. I think now that Lily is five, and she knows every song on Q 100, and dresses better than I do half the time, I've realized that she isn't going to be little for much longer. She is soaking up everything--and she's doing great in Pre-K. She is so smart, and we are so proud of her.




I'm also a WIFE, who has been married for eight months. Shane and I had a great wedding, and we are really enjoying being married. Shane works super hard, and I am so proud of him--although, half the time, he does have to reheat his dinner in the microwave. :(



We're expecting Baby #2 around July 4th. Due to layoffs, I recently became a stay at home mom, for the first time EVER. Since I've pretty much been busy since middle school, I find this free time really really strange. I've been vacuuming every day, making the beds perfectly, and looking for laundry to wash when there is none. I've been retraining our troublesome Pug, I'm caught up on the DVR, and I constantly organize closets and move picture frames around. I've rediscovered how relaxing it is to get Starbucks and visit a bookstore, go for a walk, and have lunch with friends.

So, I thought now would be the best time to start up blogging! I really hope I take to it. I don't remember anything about being pregnant with Lily, so I am really hoping that I'll use this blog to help other people when they become pregnant (Did you do this...is that normal? Hopefully, I'll have a better answer than, "I don't remember").

Today, I am 16 weeks and 4 days. I am done with my first trimester (after have morning sickness for weeks!) I already have a belly going on. And I feel great! At my next appointment, we find out if it's a boy or a girl... (February 8th). In general, we are super excited!

~Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment