January 25, 2010

17 Weeks

Good morning!

Today I am 17 weeks, and I feel the same as I did at 16 weeks, and 15 weeks, and even 14 weeks. My belly is growing, and depending on how tight of a shirt I am wearing, people are starting to notice my bump. I'm still waiting to feel my baby move, but I think I have felt a few little tickles here and there. I can never be sure. I am very thankful I have gotten over my morning sickness, and I am very much looking forward to two weeks from today--when I have my second trimester ultrasound done. Hopefully we'll be able to discover if we are having a boy or a girl.

Once we find out, I fear the name situation will quickly come to a head. Thus will begin the debates over names, and even worse, other people's input on names that they like, or rather, names that we like that they do NOT like. I hate to be mean, but I really really do not care. I could care less! Isn't that terrible? I think we'll have to keep our baby's name under wraps for awhile, as I fear for my emotional health.

However, another exciting part DOES come with finding out our baby's gender-beginning to decorate our nursery! Our nursery will be our third bedroom. It has been a computer room/office type deal but now serves as our guestroom. When we first moved in here, about four years ago, it was painted red and white striped with blue and stars-an American Flag room, which many people dubbed "the flag room." Luckily, the flag room has since been painted over (beige, very simple and plain.) Most everything is cleared out now, but I'm trying (in vain) to sell our guestbed on Craigslist in order to make room for a crib! I've snuck a few peeks at Babys R Us, and I am so excited to begin picking things out!

Another thought-I've been struggling with the idea of belly pictures. I think it's neat that some people post their progress, and while I would definietly keep my shirt on, sometimes I worry that if I post these weekly belly pictures that I'll appear quite self involved (although, I do have a blog, so obviously, I am somewhat self involved.) I'm still thinking--maybe I'll start at 20 weeks, maybe I won't do it at all...I think there are about three pictures of me pregnant with Lily. My face gets very very round! Decisions, decisions...

So, that's my little update, all is well, and exciting news is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment