January 26, 2012

An Update on Night Weaning

I didn't realize that Parker knew how to read. I guess he read my blog post the other day and said, heck with it, I'll just sleep. I don't want to jinx anything or be superstitious, but since I offered him only that teeny bit of booby milk the first night, Parker will sleep from 8-515, waking to nurse and then going back to sleep. I can soooo handle that. Not that I love getting up at 5, but I cannot complain. He does want to nurse more during the day now, but I still practice the don't offer, don't refuse. However, one night he fell asleep in the car, and I was paranoid that if I didn't nurse him, he might wake up and be out of sorts in the middle of the night (shrug, I never said I was super woman). I feel both sad and empowered and proud of him at the same time. He will always be my baby boy, but it sure is nice for him to act like a little man and sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment