September 19, 2012

Happy One Month, Easten!



How in the world is he already one month old? I say that every time. But seriously, babies really aren't babies for long. The other day, Parker looked SO old to me. His baby face was totally replaced by a serious "kid" face. But I digress.

At one month old, Easten still seems to retain much of his newborn self. He sleeps most of the time, and he is awake for short increments, where he likes to stare at you and be held. He's very laid back, but he is a little bit rotten already. I have a habit of raising rotten little boys who love their mama, what can I say? He really has no use for the bouncy seat or swing. He prefers to be held, or laid down on his belly. He is almost too big for all his newborn clothes. His newborn diapers are fitting very well now, but he is a heavy wetter, so they often leak, which is super frustrating. I see buying some hemp inserts in our future.

Easten eats when he's hungry. He's not very predictable on feeding times or naps, but unlike with Parker, I could really care less. He doesn't mind a pumped bottle of booby milk if he has to have one either. He has no use for a paci and doesn't like to be swaddled either. He wakes up once or twice a night to nurse and get his diaper changed. He likes to sneak into bed with us, and I usually let him. He's still sleeping in our room in his little bassinet. He's fine in the carseat, as long as we are moving, and he loves to be worn in the Moby Wrap. Now that its cooler, hopefully we will sweat less.

All the kids love their little brother. If we leave the house, Parker asks, "Baby go too?"

Oh, and the big boy weighs around 9 pounds. I held him on our scale yesterday, and then weighed myself to figure out the difference. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment